|

Four boys extinguish ger fire, saving its disabled resident

By M.OYUNGEREL

Four boys from the ages of eight to 12 extinguished a ger fire in Murun soum, Khuvsgul Province, before the soum’s Fire Department arrived at the scene and saved the ger’s owner, a 58-year-old man with physical disability.
The boys said they were playing soccer outside the man’s yard when they saw the ger on fire and entered the yard to extinguish it.
The National Emergency Management Agency received a report about the fire at 3:17 p.m. on March 27, and arrived at the site in less than 10 minutes. The boys had removed the home’s owner and his belongings from the ger, and extinguished the fire before the soum’s National Emergency Management Agency’s firefighters arrived.
According to the Fire Department, the wind speed at the time of the fire was nine to 14 meters per second.

Short URL: http://ubpost.mongolnews.mn/?p=19099

Posted by on Apr 4 2016. Filed under Domestic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply


1 + 6 =

Recently Commented

  • Oyun: www.theblueeconomy.org
  • Honheree: It is a sad and awful sight to see so many animals dead from dzuds. These have happened in the past and since 2004 there have...
  • Harvey Dent: Mongolia does not get 476,000 tourists a year. Its gets 476,000 arrivals, most of these are Chinese construction workers....
  • Honheree: It is good but unusual that a Mongolian is so forthright. I am D. Ganbold will be criticised by Mongolians for telling the...
  • Honheree: Be thankful Mongolia is so cheap. In USA lamb in stores costs 69,281 MNT /kg and sirloin which is cheaper cut of beef is...