|

Director of Liberty Partners Ch.Ganbat wanted by Interpol

By CH.KHALIUN

The International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) is in pursuit of Mongolian citizen Ch.Ganbat, who is wanted by the judicial authorities of Mongolia and accused of money laundering and appropriation of property by fraud.

Ch.Ganbat served as an advisor to the former Minister of Roads, Transportation, Construction and Urban Development, Kh.Battulga. Ganbat, current director of financial and legal advisory firm Liberty Partners, is being investigated for a case involving B.Batzaya, former state secretary of the Ministry of Roads and Transportation.

B.Batzaya was arrested on the suspicion of embezzlement on October 30. He served as the former head of Mongolian Railway’s managing board, and he participated in choosing the contractor for the 267 km railroad connecting Ukhaakhudag to Gashuunsukhait.

Ch.Ganbat was the head of the working group selecting investors for the Tavan Tolgoi Project. He was also a member of the working group for monitoring the implementation of railway policy at the time. Some sources say that Ch.Ganbat’s involvement in the case may be related to holding the simultaneous positions.

McKinsey & Company, BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking, and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman were selected for advisory services team members for Tavan Tolgoi, but while funds were being distributed from Chinggis Bonds, Liberty Partners joined the consulting team. As founder of Liberty Partners, Ch.Ganbat owns 85 percent of the company, and the remaining 15 percent is owned by Liberty Management Trust, an entity owned by the management team of Liberty Partners.

Former deputy chairman of Mongolian Railway P.Bat-Erdene was planning to complete the construction of the Ukhaakhudag to Gashuunsukhait railroad’s infrastructure through private funding from Energy Resources, but former Minister B.Battulga transferred the project to Mongolian Railway. Although around 200 million USD was issued from Chinggis Bond funding, the project remains incomplete.

Some local media reports say that Ganbat may be in Singapore. Currently, nine Mongolian citizens are wanted by Interpol for crimes involving murder, fraud, and embezzlement. N.Enkhtuya, sister of former president of Mongolia N.Enkhbayar, is also on Interpol’s wanted list.

Short URL: http://ubpost.mongolnews.mn/?p=16873

Posted by on Nov 12 2015. Filed under breaking news, Business & Economics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply


9 + 7 =

Recently Commented

  • Oyun: www.theblueeconomy.org
  • Honheree: It is a sad and awful sight to see so many animals dead from dzuds. These have happened in the past and since 2004 there have...
  • Harvey Dent: Mongolia does not get 476,000 tourists a year. Its gets 476,000 arrivals, most of these are Chinese construction workers....
  • Honheree: It is good but unusual that a Mongolian is so forthright. I am D. Ganbold will be criticised by Mongolians for telling the...
  • Honheree: Be thankful Mongolia is so cheap. In USA lamb in stores costs 69,281 MNT /kg and sirloin which is cheaper cut of beef is...