Parliament to Open October 1st with Fifteen Issues on the Agenda
The Speaker of the Parliament, Z.Enkhbold, has passed an order to open the next session on October 1. Thus, the Parliament of Mongolia has released a draft resolution which noted the issues to be discussed at the next session. According to the decree, following issues are set to be discussed,
1. Draft on Mongolian State Budget in 2013
2. Draft on Human Development Fund 2013
3. Draft on Social Insurance Fund 2013
4. Draft Resolution on passing the basic direction on pursuing Monitory Policy
5. The Mongolian state budget performance in 2011, general financial statement of the Government of 2011
6. Draft Resolution on refining the laws and regulations of Mongolia until 2016
7. Draft on Deposit Insurance
8. Draft on Securities Market
9. Draft on Amendment in the Law on Parliament and Regulations of Parliament Sessions
10. Draft on Freedom of Press and Media
11. Draft on Food and its Security
12. Other issues
The issue about the Draft on Amendment in the Law on Parliament and Regulations of Parliament Sessions has been submitted by the members of Parliament S.Demberel and Ts.Tsolmon. This issue is being named ‘Draft to enable the Mongolian People’s Party (MPP) to have factions’. They are willing to remove the words “within 24 hours” from the current draft resolution which states “Within 24 hours after the new Parliament is set and the speaker of the Parliament is chosen, any party or coalition which has earned more than eight seats may submit their request to form a faction. Once the amendment is passed, the MPP will be allowed to form a faction composed of its 25 members who do not belong to any faction.
Another notable issue to be discussed at the session is undoubtedly the Draft on Freedom of the Press and Media. There are two drafts which the President of Mongolia and the previous Parliament submitted regarding this issue. As these two drafts differ from each other a great deal, the next session is likely to discuss them at the same time in a united manner.
The Draft Resolution clearly states that the remaining issues under discussion during the previous session and those that were unresolved in previous parliament sessions shall be discussed in the next session as well.
Short URL: http://ubpost.mongolnews.mn/?p=1088